Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
Large-Eddy Simulation (LES)
Direct Numerical Simulation (DNS)
Reynolds Averaging Navier-Stokes Method (RANS)
Parallel Computing for CFD
Environmental Flow and Dispersion
Urban environmental flows
Dispersion of passive scalars (pollutants)
Turbulent Heat, Mass and Fluid Flows
Smooth and rough boundary-layer flows
Convective heat and mass transfer
Numerical simulation of blood flows in arteries and veins
1) S. N. Oskouie, B.-C. Wang and E. Yee, Study of the interference of plumes released from two near-ground point sources in an open channel, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 2015 (in print).
2) X. Fang, Z.-X. Yang, B.-C. Wang, M. F. Tachie and D. J. Bergstrom, Highly-disturbed turbulent fow in a square channel with V-shaped ribs on one wall, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 2015 (in print).
3) B.-C. Wang, E. Yee and F.-S. Lien, Turbulent flow and dispersion of a passive scalar in a staggered array of cubes, Numerical Heat Transfer: Part B, vol. 67, pp. 281-301, 2015.
4) Q.-Q. Xun and B.-C. Wang, A dynamic forcing scheme incorporating backscatter for hybrid simulation, Physics of Fluids, vol. 26 (075104), 27 pages, 2014.
5) M. Saeedi, P. P. LePoudre and B.-C. Wang, Direct numerical simulation of turbulent wake behind a surface-mounted square cylinder, Journal of Fluids and Structures, vol. 51, pp. 20-39, 2014.
6) M. Saeedi, B.-C. Wang and Z.-X. Yang, A comparative study of subgrid-scale stress models in the context of a transitional boundary layer, Acta Mechanica, vol. 225, pp. 2595-2609, 2014.
7) B.-C. Wang and Y. Zhang, Large-eddy simulation of turbulent flows in a heated streamwise rotating channel, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 44, pp. 71-86, 2013.
8) I. Fatemi, B.-C. Wang, M. Koupriyanov and B. Tully, Experimental study of a non-isothermal wall jet issued by a displacement ventilation system, Building and Environment, vol. 66, pp. 131-140, 2013.
9) M. Molla, B.-C. Wang and D. Kuhn, Characteristics of pulsatile channel flows undergoing transition triggered by an idealized stenosis, Physics of Fluids, vol. 24, 121901, 25 pages, 2012.
10) M. Molla, A. Hossain, B.-C. Wang and D. Kuhn, Large-eddy simulation of pulsatile non-Newtonian flow in a constricted channel, Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics, vol. 4 (12), pp. 231-241, 2012.
11) Q.-Q. Xun, B.-C. Wang and E. Yee, Large-eddy simulation of turbulent heat convection in a spanwise rotating channel flow, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 54 (1-3), pp. 698-716, 2011.
12) Q.-Q. Xun, B.-C. Wang and E. Yee, Quasi-periodicity of the drag coefficient and Nusselt number induced by Taylor-Görtler vortices, Numerical Heat Transfer: Part B, vol. 57 (1), pp. 30-45, 2010.