Applicants with strong interests in nanomaterials and materials modeling and simulation are encouraged to contact Dr. Deng directly regarding positions for graduate students.
- Thermal stability and micro-structural evolution in nanocrystalline metal alloys under thermal or mechanical loading
- Mechanical properties of metal nanowires
- Processing, mechanical characterization, and modeling of amorphous metallic glass
- Mechanical characterization of nanocrystalline/amorphous composites
2. R. Cao, Y. Deng and C.Deng*, "Ultrahigh plastic flow in Au nanotubes enabled by surface stress facilitated reconstruction", Acta Materialia, 86, 25-22, 2015
1. R. Cao and C. Deng*, "The ultra-small strongest grain size in nanocrystalline Ni nanowires" Scripta Materialia, 94, 9-12, 2015
3. M. Aramfard and C. Deng*, "Influences of triple junctions on stress-assisted grain boundary motion in nanocrystalline materials" Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, 22 (5), 055012, 2014.
2. H. Sun and C. Deng*, "Adapted solute drag model for impurity-controlled grain boundary motion" Journal of Materials Research, 29(12), 1369-1375, 2014
1. H. Sun and C. Deng*, "Direct quantification of solute effects on grain boundary motion by atomistic simulations" Computational Materials Science, 93, 137, 2014.
4. M. Sun, F. Xiao and C. Deng*, "Near-ideal strength in metal nanotubes revealed by atomistic simulations" Applied Physics Letters, 103, 231911, 2013.
3. M. Sun, R. Cao, F. Xiao and C. Deng*, "Surface and Interface Controlled Yielding and Plasticity in Fivefold Twinned Ag Nanowires" Computational Materials Science, 79, 289-295, 2013.
2. M. Sun, R. Cao, F. Xiao and C. Deng*, "Fivefold twin and surface groove induced abnormal size and temperature dependent yielding in Ag nanowires" Scripta Materialia, 69 (3), 227-230, 2013
1. M. I. Mendelev, C. Deng, C. A. Schuh and D. J. Srolovitz, "Comparison of molecular dynamics simulation methods for the study of grain boundary migration" Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, 21 (4), 045017, 2013