• Combustion of bio-fuels - Liquid breakup and atomization (spray: droplets formation)
• Combustion of bio-fuels - Droplets gasification and combustion
• Combustion of biogas and syngas - Flame stability (operating map) and turbulent flame speed
• Combustion/flame of conventional/natural gaseous fuel - Flame stability
• Fuel nozzles - Liquid fuel breakup and flame stability
• Swirling flows with and without flame/ combustion
• Isotropic and homogeneous turbulence
1. Birouk, M. and Toth, L.S., Hydrocarbon droplet turbulent combustion in an elevated pressure environment, Flow Turbulence and Combustion, (Accepted)
2. Birouk, M. and Toth, L.S., Vaporization and Combustion of Biodiesel Droplet in Turbulent Environment at Elevated Ambient Pressure, Combustion Science and Technology, (Accepted, 2014.)
3. Akbarzadeh, M. and Birouk, M.,.Near-field Characteristics of a Rectangular Jet and its Effect on the Liftoff of Turbulent Methane Flame, ASME Journal of Engineering for Gas turbines and Power, (Accepted, 2014).
4. Broumand, M., Birouk, M., A Model for Predicting the Trajectory of a Liquid jet in a Subsonic Gaseous Crossflow, Atomization and Sprays, (Accepted 2014)
5. Akbarzadeh, M. and Birouk, M.,.On the hysteresis phenomenon of turbulent lifted diffusion methane flame, Flow Turbulence and Combustion, (accepted, 2014) In press.
6. Birouk, M., Saediamiri, M. and Kozinski, A. J., Non-premixed turbulent biogas flame: Effect of the co-airflow swirl strength on the stability limits, Combustion Science and Technolgy, Vol. 186 (10-11), pp. 1460-1477, 2014.
7. Birouk, M., A hydrocarbon droplet evaporation in turbulent environment at elevated ambient pressure and temperature, Combustion Science and Technolgy, Vol. 176 (10-11), pp. 1295-1308, 2014.
8. Saediamiri, M., Birouk, M. and Kozinski, A. J., On the stability of a turbulent non-premixed biogas flame: Effect of low swirl strength, Combustion and Flame,Vol. 161 (5), pp. 1326–1336, 2014.
9. Akbarzadeh, M. and Birouk, M.,.Liftoff of a Co-Flowing Non-Premixed Turbulent Methane Flame: Effect of the Fuel Nozzle Orifice Geometry, Flow Turbulence and Combustion, Vol. 92, pp. 903-929, 2014.
10. Akbarzadeh, M. and Birouk, M.,.Liftoff of a co-flowing non-premixed turbulent methane flame: Effect of the geometrical parameters of a circular fuel nozzle, Combustion Science and Technology,Vol. 185, pp. 1441-1463, 2013.