Accepting Master and PhD student with Environmental Engineering background.
My research interests cover a variety of environmental engineering topics, with my primary research area being nutrient removal and recovery. I am particularly interested in the technological implementation of biological phosphorus removal and chemical phosphorus recovery. I am also interested in leachate treatment, biomass fermentation, and anaerobic digestion.
The goal of my research is to develop sustainable technologies for water and waste treatment processes that will reduce the environmental burden, carbon footprint, and greenhouse gas emissions. I am also interested in community outreach to promote environmental awareness.
1. Q. Yuan, J. Oleszkiewicz (2011) Low temperature biological phosphorus removal and partial nitrification in a pilot SBR system. Water science & technology, 63(12), 2802-2807
2. Q. Yuan, J. Oleszkiewicz (2011) The effect of dissolved oxygen on the biological nutrient removal by denitrifying phosphorus accumulating organisms in a continuous flow system. Water Environment Research, 83, 2107-2114.
3. Q. Yuan, M. Baranowski, J. Oleszkiewicz (2011) No carbon addition needed. Biosolids Techn. Bull. WEF, 17 (1), 12-14.
4. Q. Yuan, R. Sparling, P. Lagasse, Y. M. Lee, D. Taniguchi and J.A. Oleszkiewicz, (2010) Enhanced biological phosphorus removal with glycerol. Water science & technology, 61(7), 1837-1843.
5. Q. Yuan, J.A. Oleszkiewicz, (2010) Selection and enrichment of denitrifying phosphorus accumulating organisms in activated sludge. Desalination and Water Treatment, 22, 72-77.
6. Q. Yuan, M. Baranowski, J. A. Oleszkiewicz, (2010) Effect of sludge type on the fermentation products. Chemosphere, 80, 445–449.
7. Q. Yuan, R. Sparling, J. Oleszkiewicz (2009) Waste activated sludge fermentation: Effect of solids retention time and biomass concentration. Water Research, 43, 5180-5186.
8. Q. Yuan, J. Oleszkiewicz (2010) Biomass fermentation to augment biological phosphorus removal. Chemosphere, 78, 29-34.
9. Q. Yuan, J. Oleszkiewicz (2010) Interaction between denitrification and phosphorus removal in SBR phosphorus removal system. Water Environment Research 82(6), 536-540.
10. Q. Yuan, F. Zurzolo and J.A. Oleszkiewicz, (2009) Volatile fatty acids and nutrient recovery from biomass fermentation: International Conference on Nutrient Recovery from Wastewater Streams, ISBN: 1843392321, pp. 633-642.