I received my Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from the University of Waterloo, Canada in 1990. I am a member of APEGM, ASME, ASHRAE, AIAA, and TUG.
Looking for students with strong fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and computer skills for both development of in-house CFD computer codes and applying commercial CFD software.
The main area in which I work is the modelling of film condensation with a non-condensing gas in various heat exchanger applications. I have also done modelling work in the areas of heat exchanger shell-side flows, forced convection over banks of tubes, slab foundation heat loss, conjugate heat transfer in microchannels, and natural convection in a passive solar heating system.
1. R. Lozowy, A. M. El-Shaboury, H. M. Soliman, S. J. Ormiston, Simulation and performance enhancement of the air cooling system in the valve halls of a DC/AC power converter station, Building Simulation: an International Journal, vol. 3, 2010.
2. S. S. Paul, S. J. Ormiston, M. F. Tachie, Experimental and Numerical Investigation of Turbulent Cross-Flow in a Staggered Tube Bundle, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 387–414, 2008.
3. J. R. Berg, H. M. Soliman, S. J. Ormiston, Effective Cooling of Stacked Heat-Generating Bodies in a Large Room: Comparison Between Floor and Side-Wall Air Injection, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 787–799, 2008.
4. J. R. Berg, H. M. Soliman, S.J. Ormiston, Turbulent Mixed-Convection Cooling of Stacked Heat-Generating Bodies in a Three-Dimensional Domain, Numerical Heat Transfer, Part A (Applications), vol. 53, no. 3-4, pp. 249–272, 2008.
5. K. K. Adane, S. J. Ormiston, M. F. Tachie, Numerical Investigation of Flow Recirculation in a Draft Tube, Journal of Hydraulic Research, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 15–20, 2008.
6. M. K. Groff, S. J. Ormiston, H. M. Soliman, Numerical Solution of Film Condensation from Turbulent Flow of Vapor-Gas Mixtures in Vertical Tubes, International Journal of Heat Mass Transfer, vol. 50, no. 19–20, pp. 3899–3912, 2007.
7. E. C. Siow, S. J. Ormiston, H. M. Soliman, Two-phase modelling of laminar film condensation from vapour-gas mixtures in declining parallel-plate channels, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 458–466, 2007.
8. S. S. Paul, M. F. Tachie, S. J. Ormiston, Experimental Study of Turbulent Cross-Flow in a Staggered Tube Bundle Using Particle Image Velocimetry, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 441–453, 2007.
9. J. R. Berg, S. J. Ormiston, H. M. Soliman, Prediction of the Flow Structure in a Turbulent Rectangular Free Jet, International Communications in Heat Mass Transfer, vol. 33, pp. 552–563, 2006.
10. K. K. Adane, M. F. Tachie, S. J. Ormiston, Numerical Analysis of Turbulence Flow in a Conical Diffuser, Trans. CSME, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 359–374, 2006.