If you are interested in graduate studies in research areas described here, please send your transcripts, a list of publications, and a short description of your research interests. We will contact you within 10 days, (only) if we decide to consider your application. Regrettably, we are unable to respond to every inquiry.
- Source coding, channel coding, joint source-channel coding and applications
- Vector quantization and applications in communication and signal processing
- Signal processing in digital communication
- Statistical signal processing
- Signal processing in power systems
1. P. Yahampath, "Steepest-Descent Optimization of CDMA Signatures for Multiple Correlated Sources With Applications to Joint Source-Channel Coding," IEEE Transsctions on Communications, Vol. 63, No. 4, Feb. 2015.
2. I. Shahid and P. Yahampath, ``Distributed joint source-channel code design for Gaussian multiple-access channels using irregular LDPC Codes,", EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2013
3. I. Shahid and P. Yahampath, ``Distributed Joint Source-Channel Coding Using Unequal Error Protection LDPC Codes," IEEE Transactions on Communications, Accepted June 2013
4. P. Yahampath, ``Distributed transform coding via source-splitting'', EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, 2012, 2012:78
5. M. Pawlak and P. Yahampath, ``On construction and simulation of autoregressive sources with near-Laplace marginals'', IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 58, no. 11, Nov. 2010, pp. 5550-5559
6. P. Yahampath, "Joint Source-Decoding in Large Scale Sensor Networks Using Markov Random Field Models", Signal Processing, vol. 90, no. 12, pp. 3134-3146, 2010
7. R. Yasaratna and P Yahampath, “Design of scalable decoders for sensor networks via Bayesian network learning,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, October 2009
8. L. Song, A. Hjørungnes, P. Yahampath, and M. R. Bhatnagar, “Transceiver design for spatial multiplexing based on pre-whitening detector,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, March 2009
9. P. Yahampath and A. Hjørungnes, “Symbol error rate analysis of OSTB Codes and linear precoder design for MIMO correlated keyhole channels,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2008 (2008), Article ID 571827, 10 pages.
10. P. Rondeau and P. Yahampath, “Robust transmission of speech line spectral frequencies over lossy channels using hidden Markov model-based multiple description index assignments,” EURASIP Journal on Audio, Speech and Music Processing, vol. 2008 (2008), Article ID 896021, 13 pages
11. P. Yahampath, “Multiple description multi-stage vector quantization,” EURASIP Journal on Speech, Audio, and Music Processing, vol. 2007, article ID 67146, 7 pages, 2007.
12. P. Yahamapth and P Rondeau, “Multiple-description predictive vector quantization with applications to low bit-rate speech coding over networks,” IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, March. 2007, pages 749-755
13. P. Yahampath and M. Pawlak, “Vector quantization for finite-state Markov channels and application to wireless channels,” European Transactions on Telecommunications, vol. 18, June 2007, pages 327-342
14. P. Yahampath and M. Pawlak, “On finite-state vector quantization for noisy channels,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, December 2004, pages 2125-2133